Mint is Growing

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
After a couple of failed attempts of doing mint cuttings,I finally managed to get some with roots. I'm so happy they are finally doing well. They are in a sort of contained area, surrounded by bricks and cement. I think I will be able to keep it in check. Hopefully this year I will have enough to make my honey mint dressing for my fruit salad.

Mary
photo (3).JPG

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks great. You will be surprised at how far the runners can go underground! May I ask for the honey mint dressing? It sounds great and DH loves both his mint and honey. We have lots of mint. I expect it over wintered o.k. The bees all died. So there are new ones on order to restock the hives.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have spearmint that I planted last year. It has spread and is doing really good. today I made dandelion and spearmint tea. It was yummy. I'm with @Carol Dee, will you please the honey mint dressing recipe? And while you're at it, toss in the fruit salad recipe too! :lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, I think it's spearmint. I bought a little bunch at the grocery store.

Carol and Bay, I just wing it to make the dressing but here goes:

Honey Mint Dressing

1 large handful of mint, chopped fine.

1/2 cup honey

Juice of 1 lemon/lime

1-2 tablespoons water

Whisk all ingredients. But add 1 tablespoon of water at a time. If you feel the honey is too thick, add the second tablespoon of water.

I like to use cut up watermelon, cantelope, strawberries, blueberries, and honey dew melon. These colors and flavors work the best but you can use whatever you want.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
When you need to make a fruit salad, and watermelon and cantaloupe are out of season, here is one that has worked well for me over the years.
About a half of a fresh pineapple cut in chunks (or one can)
2 bananas sliced, sprinkled in lemon juice or Fruit Fresh
1 or 2 cans of mandarin oranges, drained
about a cup of red seedless grapes
This doesn't need any dressing, as the pineapple juice will coat everything.

Latest posts