Mint is Growing

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Mary!! Copied and printed! :celebrate

I make a grapefruit salad, here's the recipe.

Peel and section 2 grapefruit
Cut in half about 1/4 pound of seedless grapes
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Dressing;
1/8 cup mustard
1/8 cup honey or molasses
1 tablespoon ground ginger

Stir the dressing and pour over the fruit. Chill and serve.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Loving how lush and green everything looks! Such a pretty yard! I am going to be the bearer of bad news...I believe that mint will be growing up between those bricks in about two days from now! I hope I am wrong. I wish I had all the hours back I have spent ripping up mint. That dressing does sound delish!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lesa, for some reason mint has never been that invasive for me. But this one does appear to be doing well. I know you guys have always warned about mint in the ground. Since I'm in the garden every days with the kids, I'm hoping that I'll be able to stay on top of it. I've tried growing in a container but it doesn't do well.

I will look closely every day to make sure it hasn't gone where it's not supposed to.

Mary

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had a HUGE container of Mojito Mint that I bought from a little Cuban greenhouse. It was sooooo good. We had quite a few mojitos last summer. I brought it inside and it lasted until December.....and then Josh put it outside because it looked "dead". It was dropping all the big old leaves and growing new ones. Of course it froze. I trimmed it way back and I have been watering it once a week since then. I have been keeping it in the dark storage room. I hope it comes back....real mojito mint is hard to find!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That looks really pretty, Mary. Glad it finally decided to take off for you. We have a huge pot of spearmint and love making mint tea all summer. We will have to try your recipe when all of the fruits start ripening around here. Sounds delicious!