Mobile Home Goddess

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Went back today to get rest of stuff, dogs and chickens. Poured down rain all day. :( Couldn't load everything, but stuffed car and back seat of truck. Could carry some things in back of truck that we didn't care if got wet. Put my 7 hens in small cage lined with feed sack, DS wrapped a sheet around cage so poop wouldn't splatter DHs leather seats. Didn't stop the smell though. Paris rode with DH, blowing her coat, looked like a dog hair blizzard in cab. Trip the puppy rode with me. Keep a Pyrenees puppy in a chicken run for 3 weeks, take him out and put him in front seat of Buick and see what happens. Wriggling, squirming, chewing, licking, fall off the seat into the floorboard acrobatics! DH had brilliant idea of tying them to passenger door handle, or they would have been in our laps. We go back Thursday to finish up. Piled up what we couldn't get in garage corner. Chickens spending night in small cage, will rig up something in back yard for them tomorrow. Trip is in dog kennel in bedroom howling pitifully, a Ooooooo. Paris has claimed backyard and didn't even bark at horses at back fence. Really tired, been going since four this morning. We had to run AC on dogs to keep them happy while bringing them to new home. 33 degrees outside and we had AC on in both vehicles! We were so cold! But dogs were happy.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red u ma'am are an enabler.....:(
No, I am a seasoned citizen :old who is awed by Bay's gumption and endurance. I'd be zonked out for far longer than you gave her time to breathe. 'Sides, I don't get the impression Bay will let much time go by before she's getting her fingers dirty.

So sorry, seedcorn. My sense of empathy seems to have overcome my sense of humor. :he I'll try harder next time.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are DONE at old house! YAY!! Still have stuff to get off property we sold, but at least nobody is moving in on it. So much to do here. Planted dill plants this morning that I pulled up yesterday at old house.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Done!!! Finished!! woo hoo!!! :celebrate :weee

It's such a good satisfying feeling to get something finished up.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
We are DONE at old house! YAY!! Still have stuff to get off property we sold, but at least nobody is moving in on it. So much to do here. Planted dill plants this morning that I pulled up yesterday at old house.
Bay, I expected a much longer post now that you are in your new home. I want details on what you are doing at your new place! Ha

Mary

Latest posts