more coleus

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
here are most of my different varieties of coleus. i have a a few more.

picture4266.jpg

picture4267.jpg

picture4268.jpg

picture4270.jpg

picture4272.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My favorite is the first picture. I imagine a raspberry something or other sprinkled with powdered sugar!

Can you tell I just came from HiD's post with all her goodies on my mind? LOL :lol:

Awesome Coleus!

Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wonderful coleus collection.
Do you keep them going through winter by cuttings and pinching back?

I have a few different ones also, but my best is the one you have in the last picture bottom left. In about 3 or 4 months I have made at least a hundred plants from just one plant!

Joe

Oh have you ever tried to make a standard out of one?
It looks cool!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How do propagate your Coleus? I have read that they are easy from seed and easy from cuttings. But I imagine that buying seeds every year is expensive.

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:drool i likey.

I like the 1st one the best....and the green & red one in the 4th pic!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Coleus actually adapts well in the home environment, very much like a houseplant; although it does require a ton of pruning if they go too tall!

I wonder why more people don't grow these indoors? I even find that they do not go leggy by less direct sun but put off bigger leaves instead. Of course, right now I don't have but one in the garden, and it must of been a leftover seed from season's past because I have not had coleus in a while.

The crinkle leaf one is nice too, but nothing like that first pic! That one is awesome.

Ron

I was thinking that a bed of black coleus with the bright orange would look so cool for a halloween bed!

Coleus_sp4.jpg

Coleus_Photo.jpg

Ron

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
i know i was thinking yesterday how i should put a bunch of orange ones in a black pot for halloween.

they are easy to root. i root some in water, others i just stick down in some moist soil. even little tiny sideshoots with only one leaf will root most of the time. one of the easiest plants to propogate!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
beefy said:
i know i was thinking yesterday how i should put a bunch of orange ones in a black pot for halloween.

they are easy to root. i root some in water, others i just stick down in some moist soil. even little tiny sideshoots with only one leaf will root most of the time. one of the easiest plants to propogate!
Well shoot... I should try to find someone I can get some cuttings from then huh!? LOL :lol:

Latest posts