More Mini Pics

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I took these tonight. The 3rd pic is the "perfect" bloom I took a pic of a couple of days ago compared to my thumb for size. It is still pretty!

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2449.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is pretty. Do they open so that the stamens show? Are the bees getting in there?

You could choose a few to pluck out the inner petals so they can get pollinated. Do this as early as you can; and also take an artist paint brush or a small cosmetic brush and lightly brush from rose to rose...this often works quite well!

Ron :watering

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
That is pretty. Do they open so that the stamens show? Are the bees getting in there?

You could choose a few to pluck out the inner petals so they can get pollinated. Do this as early as you can; and also take an artist paint brush or a small cosmetic brush and lightly brush from rose to rose...this often works quite well!

Ron :watering
*runs to steal...er...BORROW the paintbrush from the kid's watercolors*

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
This rose has been opened for a few days but now there is a fresh bud this morning!

This mini reminds me of Grand Prize, but in a mini :love

wklsaa.jpg

59zy9v.jpg

11tncio.jpg

All my other minis are being rescued in pots!

Ron

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ohhhh, that is a pretty yellow! I have a yellow but it had to fight for it's life amongst the weeds. It is rescued but still scraggly....

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love mini roses! My daughter gave me one for mothers day, and I planted it in what must have been the perfect spot, it grew, and bloomed heavily for 5 years, then (dumb me) I planted some other flowers near it, and the plant food for them must have seeped into its space, and it croaked! :hit I was heart sick. A lesson learned. I have a goal here in our new place, to start a section just for roses.

edited because I cant seem to spell today.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi,

These were taken today!
6165_mini4.jpg

6165_mini6.jpg

This is a baby Ladybug finally shedding its skin to become a Ladybug; I meant to go back out and catch her in her colors but she was gone and the skin was left.
6165_lady.jpg

I like this little rose!

This is what the blooms look like after a week; they take on the look of a Gardenia
6165_mini2.jpg

Ron :coolsun

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think the full, lush blooms are gorgeous. I took more pics today - will try to get them on tonight but perhaps in the morning....lol

OK, I got them uploaded. First 2 pics are of the same mini bush but the blooms haven't totally opened. Looks like they'll be pretty.

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

These pretty little pink ones are from a bush that has been ravaged by hoppers. It is slowly making a recovery....

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2518.jpg

And this last pic is of the bush that creates the perfect little blooms.

IMG_2511.jpg

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
my office mate just game me her little mini rose she got at the supermarket. It is tiny and looks like it didn't like the office environment. So now what?

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
obsessed said:
my office mate just game me her little mini rose she got at the supermarket. It is tiny and looks like it didn't like the office environment. So now what?
I would put it outside under a covered area until it can acclimate to the air...then slowly pull it into the sun, then plant it in the ground!

It will flourish as long as the stem has not turned black!

What color is it?

Awesome on the Mini! :weee

Ron

Ohhhh Crystal, I love that Red. I like the way the stamens are so yellow and bright! This one should make good hips!

The pink one is a testament to all the small wonders trying to survive in this world of ours! Such a lovely statement !

The bi-color one looks interesting..I cannot wait!

Latest posts