More potato questions

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are just fine, O!

But, I don't know if you'd have to do anything with them there in Louisiana . . . Maybe, just grow them during the right months of the year and use as needed thru the winter.

Steve

jktrahan

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
digitS' said:
They are just fine, O!

But, I don't know if you'd have to do anything with them there in Louisiana . . . Maybe, just grow them during the right months of the year and use as needed thru the winter.

Steve
That's exactly what I do in Southwestern Louisiana. I don't even dedicate carrots their own row anymore. I just sprinkle them in with the spinach or lettuce or whatever else I plant in my Fall Garden.

I planted back in October of 2010 and I'm still harvesting as I need:
themtrahans.com/wordpress/?s=carrots

aussieheelr

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
jktrahan said:
digitS' said:
They are just fine, O!

Steve
That's exactly what I do in Southwestern Louisiana. I don't even dedicate carrots their own row anymore. I just sprinkle them in with the spinach or lettuce or whatever else I plant in my Fall Garden.

I planted back in October of 2010 and I'm still harvesting as I need:
themtrahans.com/wordpress/?s=carrots
i did the same thing with my carrots last year... but it was an accident since there was a hole in the seed packet that I didn't see until I went to plant them and they had already been sown :)

Latest posts