More Spring Color Photos for Vfem

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here are some photos from my backyard today Feb 18, 2009, especially to cheer up "vfem", or anyone else that thinks Spring will never get there!!

This bed has 4 baby citrus trees but you can't see them for the Alyssum that went crazy there!! On the fence are peas and a very tall Honeysuckle vine that is suppose to shade the three small fruit trees (two apricot and a peach) during the worst of the summer heat here.

Feb18AlyssuminCitrusbedemail.jpg

Now mixed in all that Allysum are many different flowers attempting to grow. Here are the nasturshims

Feb18AlyssuminCitrusbedcloseupemail.jpg

This type has a varigated leaf and very light yellow flowers.
Feb18NasturshimsinAllysumemail.jpg

This one is a deep red.
Feb18RedNasturshiminAllysumemail.jpg

And there are some dwarf marigolds in there.

Feb18MarigoldsinAllysumemail.jpg

Then I have a bunch of violets blooming.

Feb18VioletsinFrontYardemail.jpg

My little Apricot tree is beginning to leaf out. At the base of the tree I have Geraniums and lettuce and cabbage growing.

V
Feb18ApricotTreeleafbudsemail.jpg

I think I will put the cabbabe photos under the vegetable heading here.

I am anxious for the Shamrocks and Johnny Jump Ups to bloom that I planted along the walk to the chicken coop on Sunday. They are not very impressive at the moment, but when the weather begins to heat up, and they get a bit more sun, I think they will be really pretty.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of the garden today.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this :D

Those pics really cheer me up. Nothing really in bloom here for awhile. Yet, I get to start planting things out side in the next 2 weeks or so. Everything goes out when my tulips bloom though... that's my rule I think. :tools

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Glad to be of some help!! I LOVE SNOW!!! I lived in Anchorage for five years and I really liked it up there. The change of seasons is so nice to have!!

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
rebbetzin said:
Glad to be of some help!! I LOVE SNOW!!! I lived in Anchorage for five years and I really liked it up there. The change of seasons is so nice to have!!
We def do not have that do we? Not here in the desert anyway. Up where we have our 40 acres on top of the white mtns we get 4 seasons which is great!

Latest posts