morning grrrrrr

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
OF COURSE TO GOOD TO BE TRUE ....lowes called today the range has not come in yet, while dw was being put on hold and moved around departments, got online and looked in the meantime dw walked down to my end of the house....

dw...they can deliver the fridge and hot water heater tomorrow they dont know when they can deliver the range....
me ....<loud enough so the person on the other end could hear me> according to they website the earliest will be the 28th...tell them we want the fridge and tank tomorrow, this is getting real fing old living out of ice chests and have the range delivered on the 28th or we can come by and get a refund and go to home depot....

dw walked away.....
Take a deep breath and go out to dinner.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Personally, I've had enough of Loews appliances. They have no repair department and contract everything out. When we needed another freezer, we went to a family owned store in Tyler. Probably paid more, but they have their own repair department, employees that work for THEM.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Personally, I've had enough of Loews appliances. They have no repair department and contract everything out. When we needed another freezer, we went to a family owned store in Tyler. Probably paid more, but they have their own repair department, employees that work for THEM.
I bought an outdoor grill with a big sign fo a 5 year warrantee for Lowe's. You can get the parts and have to repair it yourself as they don't repair anything.. My husband did this when everything started rotting out. But, he is pretty handy and felt insecure about repairing a gas grill.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hate when they ask if you want to buy warranty, what happened to when things came with one
Yea that really annoys me too. Big appliances used to have a 5 year warrantee now your $2000 fridge has a 1 year and the plants are expensive. Remember when a fridge use to last 30 years? My grandmother had an old fridge in her cottage. I am sure she bought it used. We figures it was 60 years old or more when it finally died. Just got a microwave. The one before it went after 2 1/2 years. My first one lasted 20 years.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a lot of profit in extended warranties. My oldest boy worked for a while selling small appliances and electronics at a department store. They moved him to jewelry, darn good looking guy and could he charm the women. But he was not selling enough extended warranties. There is a lot of profit in extended warranties.

Latest posts