Morning's Across the World

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We were given warnings of snow and bad weather but this morning was just lovely in the sun even though it was only 1 degree.

My old friend and I had a good time meeting up with the local creatures. I couldn't get a picture of a dog that played with mine for 10 minutes because he was behind the gate, but they still had fun.

I thought of @thistlebloom , as we said good morning to these little beauties. The smallest I thought was a fowl, she's actually ten and the larger stunner is only five.

Sorry about the small shoot of them I couldn't get any closer and I'm useless with my phone.

Horses and my old friend

Attachments

• 20210116_114406.jpg
    20210116_114406.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 20210116_114453.jpg
    20210116_114453.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lovely morning Marie! We are overcast and 30F. I like this new thread, great idea!

No picture, but a humorous event this morning. During my morning check of the animals I was hanging out with Syringa (my avatar) giving her a good neck scritching and Angus the barn cat was milling around rubbing on us and standing up against my leg. He finally settled down and sat in front of Syringas head which was lowered. She sniffed him from head to tail as he sat. The tip of his tail twitching as she worked her nose down it. Suddenly Angus yowled and jumped. Apparently the tip of his tail had somehow gotten between Syr's teeth, lol.
Made me laugh! I think I saw a little smile on her face too. ;)

What's your old friends name?

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Lovely morning Marie! We are overcast and 30F. I like this new thread, great idea!

No picture, but a humorous event this morning. During my morning check of the animals I was hanging out with Syringa (my avatar) giving her a good neck scritching and Angus the barn cat was milling around rubbing on us and standing up against my leg. He finally settled down and sat in front of Syringas head which was lowered. She sniffed him from head to tail as he sat. The tip of his tail twitching as she worked her nose down it. Suddenly Angus yowled and jumped. Apparently the tip of his tail had somehow gotten between Syr's teeth, lol.
Made me laugh! I think I saw a little smile on her face too. ;)

What's your old friends name?
Samuel, but I call him sammy. He's my lovable little pestkins, he is trying to distract me right now as I'm writing to you. :duc :)

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We'll probably split them and put them with the firewood. We currently have enough firewood for the next 5 years though.
Pine doesn't put out the BTU's, but we can use it late spring and early fall when we just want to take the chill off the house. Save the better wood for the real cold.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We'll probably split them and put them with the firewood. We currently have enough firewood for the next 5 years though.
Pine doesn't put out the BTU's, but we can use it late spring and early fall when we just want to take the chill off the house. Save the better wood for the real cold.
At least it's put to good use. I would love some for my chickens to lounge about on

Latest posts