Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Chicago Apache:
2257231579_e9d3bcee0c_b.jpg

Dixiedoodle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Buff, is this the one that is planted in front of your chicken coop/run! I MUST have some of these...Wher did you buy or order..Thanks Dixie

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Dixie, so happy you recognized it. Yes, that's the one that's planted by our coop & run. I got about six of them all at once at a nursery about seven years ago. I don't even remember the name of the nursery. Daylilies are so expensive that I haven't bought any more since!
2085945179_54a6a167f0.jpg

I just Googled the name and found these sources:

http://www.bloomingfieldsfarm.com/chap.html

http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/30881-product.html (although this one has a little white stripe on each petal, which I think is pretty...)

http://www.waltersgardens.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=plants.plantDetail&plant_id=324

I hope you can get some.

Dixiedoodle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
How could I not recongize those beauties. I have 'drooled' over your coop and landscaping for over a yr. now...LOL

Thank you for the list but I found them at my favorite garden center! Small plants but they are only 5.50 each!! I can baby them for a yr. or two for that price. I am going to get them tomorrow.. Dixie

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had to post when I saw the photos, where I recognized your coop immediately!

You're the one who shared your 5 (?) buff orpington's growing up, right? (Photo with kitty looking in the box, photo of them as chicks in the window, with a stamp etc.?)

I was admiring the flower, scrolled down, and saw the coleus in the pot, and the way in which the hardware cloth was attached to the wood for the run, and knew it had to be you. I so enjoyed your chick growing series! :)

In fact, because we have to build a new coop and run for the first time in 20 years, I have decided to attach our wire the same way that you did, it was such a nicely done job.

Thanks for the links, and for that wonderful set of photos of the chicks over on BYC's! :)

Dixiedoodle

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Well, I purchased ten 6" pots, each having at least four fans! They look great and the garden center tries to keep them in stock!! :D Thanks again Dixie

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Dixie, I'm so glad you found them at your local garden center. They will grow to full size pretty fast.

Tutter, thank you so much for the nice remarks about my BYC page of photos. I really enjoy photographing the girls, but more than 75% of my photos turn out to be blurred images of their beaks whizzing back my lens, or of their butts as they scamper out of the picture frame. When I do get a good shot, I can't wait to put it on the photo page! Thank you for noticing!

You guys really made my day. Thanks.
Laura

Latest posts