Moths!! Homemade Moth Catcher?? Suggestions?

ABHanna4d

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I had to tear out all my broccoli from cabbage worms and now the little annoying white moths are all over my garden trying to figure out where to land and take over next.
We have been going out trying to catch and get rid of them, but no matter how many we kill they just keep multiplying.
Anyone made any type of homemade Moth Catcher that we could just set out there to be catching moths all the time!?
Any suggestions at all would be great...Im overly frustrated with these moths now!
Thanks

JaimeB

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I don't know what to do about moths, but I've got some myself. I'm not overrun with them, but I've noticed something has munching on my pumpkin leaves. I was going to try a simple soap solution but don't know if it'll work. It's worked great on for keeping bugs off my flowers, but this is my first attempt with growing vegetables.

yardfarmer

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Perhaps floating row covers would keep the moths from laying eggs on the plants.

I have a similar problem with leaf miners eating up beet and swiss chard leaves. The row covers keep the flies off the leaves and has really stop the damage.

ABHanna4d

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have yet to figure out any sort of "trap", but with a long handled plastic toy shovel we have been able to kill the majority of the moths that dare fly in my garden! It's taken a lot more time than a trap, but seems to be pretty affective so far. Now we are just hoping we got most of them picked off plants as worms or else they will be moths here too shortly.

Latest posts