Mr. Unexpected

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, not really . . . he has been leaving his calling cards near the garden for the last couple of weeks.

4989_dsc00335.jpg

Wily is standing beside the sprinkler line at the edge of my big veggie garden. I was entering from the north. Peter Rabbit was nowhere to be seen.

Steve

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Geez, that was something of a surprise! Peter Rabbit might have changed his name to "lunch"!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was going to say, right in the middle of the day?! Wow, brave paws over there! :th

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, that's what I've thought about coyotes.

This isn't where I have the chickens or where Garbanzo the Dog usually roams (I will have to make sure she isn't visiting until the "cover" of the garden has dropped down some.)

Dad used to claim that they will eat sweet corn but nothing has eaten my sweet corn this year for the 1st time since I can remember! Wily may be why the racoons haven't shown up. Usually, I have something of a race to see who will get the corn harvested 1st! Can't leave it for long - but, it just wasn't a problem this year.

Steve

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I know they'll eat melons but it might be more for the water than the food value

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting.

I won't soon forget once coming across coyote dung containing all these plum seeds!

I mean, it was 90% plum seeds! Felt sorry for him . . .

Steve

Latest posts