Multi-purpose fertilizer

Cassandra

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
When building my raised beds up in April, I used a garden soil that said it had enough fertilizer for three months. Well... in the middle of July, my three months will be up.

If you were going to buy one fertilizer (which is precisely what I'm going to do) for the following plants, what would it be:

Tomatoes, watermelons, green beans, lima beans, bell peppers, and eggplants.

One time last year my boss told me "put some miracle grown on them, that's safe for everything."

Is that right? I'm seriously not going to buy four different bags of anything. It's too bothersome and too expensive. I do want to feed them enough to get them through the end of the season. But honestly, I'm not running a chemistry lab at the house and don't want to be bothered with percentages and .... you know... junk like that. Thanks. (my compost is not ready)

:D

Cassandra

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Some plants like a dressing of well aged compost. It's too bad that yours isn't ready, but you can buy some. I've found some really nice compost at reasonable prices. I don't know how much you'll need, but your local nursery might know where you can get some.

Personally, my favorite is kelp. I use kelp powder, which comes in bags/containers. I foliar feed, but you don't have to do it that way, you can just water with it. :)

Another good one, is something like Neptune Supreme. It's a very fine fish fertilizer powder, which can also be used as a foliar spray, if you like.

Latest posts