My 2009, not so easy garden....

allabout

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Okay, time to let you take a peek....

I am standing at the edge of my garden, in front of the squash. The garden expands almost to the tree line in the back.

5977_dscf0017.jpg

Saturday we began the task of staking the rattlesnake pole beans....

5977_dscf0023.jpg

Today we picked the very first of the squash. What fun we had, my husband, the two children (ages 7 and 5) we finished the task in about 20 minutes....with 4- 8 qt. baskets full!

5977_dscf0019.jpg

This weekend we are going to a market to sell potatoes, cabbage, onions, squash, fresh eggs, and all types of herbs. This will be the first time my husband and I have every been to sell to the public. I plan on taking lots of pictures and sharing with you all... I can promise I'm nervous as a cat, but a confident nervous. Wish me luck!!

Claudia

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow CONGRATULATIONS allabout! :celebrate :bow

That is one AMAZING garden......!!! It's SO HUGE & SO TIDY & neat. You & your husband must be very, very PROUD! :clap :D

How long have you been cultivating it?

Don't worry about doing the market -- JUST BE YOURSELF & give yourself the luxury of talking to your customers. I'm sure they will be interested in your photos of your land -- maybe you could make up a board full of photos with a bit of explanation. It will make your stall more interesting & distinctive. :lol:

Don't forget to take a notebook with you (& a pen or pencil). I'm sure people will ask you lots of questions or ask you if you grow certain things & it's so easy to forget in the excitement. Take lots of cool drinks etc, change & wear really comfortable shoes. I used to run a restaurant & all these things are so important. :thumbsup

Lots of Luck for the weekend & let us know how it goes. :ya

:rose Hattie :rose

inchworm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
That's not a garden - that's a farm!

It's beautiful!

Inchy

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow! that is an impressive garden. Good luck at the market this week end. I hope you sell out! :)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wonderful! The garden/farm is absolutely lovely. Few things are as appealing as a neat and tidy garden!! I know that was a whole lot of back breaking work- but what an outcome. Pat yourself on the back and sell, sell, sell! Good luck and Enjoy!

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:clap :clap Congratulations

Wonderful looking Crops :coolsun

You and your family have done some great work :thumbsup

Best of luck at the Market :ya I'm rootin for ya :D :lol: :gig (sorry a little growing humor )

I am sure you all will do Great :thumbsup

As Hattie said be sure to take plenty of liquids and have some shade. Most of all enjoy yourselves :ya

Let us know how things go..

:happy_flower Karan :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Karan, you're too funny... "rooting"... I like the cheesy puns :D

Awesome work Claudia, that is soooooooooooo a farm! I can't believe how huge everything is.... I'd be laid out in bed for a week having to tend to that for even a day!

I hope you have an outstanding day at the farmers market. I wish you lots of $$$ so you can take a weekend vacation off for everything you put into it. :)

Latest posts