My 2012 Green Bean Garden-2013-post #48

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Granny was a fiery red-headed Irish woman with a big cauliflower ear from a fight with a gypsy she was living with years ago. She loved to drink beer, shoot pool, fish, dance and...garden. She taught me a lot of all of the above. She was a lot of fun to be around. My grandpa used to take great delight in seeing how fast he could "get her Irish up". He was a master at it. Huh, funny how something like this can make me teary eyed. I'll stop now.

the1honeycomb

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
MOntyJ are you going to start a longest Bean contest??? Granny sounds great, It is the wonderful memories that you take with you.
I think those are the longest beans I have ever seen!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks BJ, this is my 4th year to grow these. These are phenomenal beans. Lots and lots of beans all season long. I don't even bother putting any up for winter, cause I need a break from green beans. :lol: If you would like seed, PM me. They make so many beans that I miss some and I'll send seed as soon as I get some.

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i'm so excited! my beans are seriously thinking about blooming. bay, i'm a loooong way from you in this bean business

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You better get those beans in gear!

My Rattlesnake volunteers (Cascade Giants) are on their way up the teepees.

They are probably way too crowded but I had trouble thinning them. First of all, because I'd never plant them as a "carpet" the way they decided to come up. Second, I had to transplant a whole bunch out of what would be a path and developed a personal relationship with them. Third, the rabbit did a fair amount of thinning but in all the wrong places - like eating the ones I transplanted . . . Anyway, the Rattlesnakes are climbing!

Steve :)

Latest posts