My absense - and beware, truly, of the deer tick!

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ann I agree with BBH relax and re coop let those that are there to help you do what they can it will make them feel good and you feel better :hugs Sounds as if you have gone through a great deal :hugs I am so very glad you are on the mend :hugs

I found a tick last night myself, as I went to put lotion on my feet before bed. The nasty :rant critter was in between my little toe and it partner toe. How or where is was able to get there I don't know. Crazy :barnie No rash or itch there at all now. After Ipulled it off I gave Mr Tick a Bleach bath :clap It dissolves them into almost nothing :tongue

I will keep you in my thoughts :fl and pray you continue to mend. :bouquet

:happy_flower Karan :D :D :D

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
karanleaf said:
After Ipulled it off I gave Mr Tick a Bleach bath :clap It dissolves them into almost nothing :tongue

:happy_flower Karan :D :D :D
I have a flat top stove...I turn the burner on and drop the suckers on it...my kids like it when they *pop*!

SewingDiva

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh gosh Ann - that's so scary! My husband was just diagnosed with it as well; he went to the doctor as soon as the rash appeared. He'll be on antibiotics for three weeks.

And no rash, so you had no idea, even more frightening. I know it doesn't appear in all cases and the early symptoms are so non-specific that in the abense ofthe rash there is really no sure sign one has it.

:hugs
Phyllis

PotterWatch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So sorry to hear how sick you have been. I hope you recover quickly and don't suffer too many lasting effects.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh my I hope you get back on your feet quickly... a good cure for ticks are chickens even a few will rid your yard of them I have 6 ravenous birds scouring every inch of my 1/2 acre of land...and have noticed the absence of all kinds creepy crawlies...and I have fat birds

jemagsy

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your illness, but thanks for the warning. I get my husband to check me for ticks whenever I work in the brush piles or helping with firewood, but I think I might start checking when I spend a lot of time in the garden now too or anytime outside period (we live in the middle of the woods - literally surrounded by forests). I'll start staying on him a little harder too, those dang things pop up all the time out of nowhere, I've already had to pull two off me since the beginning of July.

Hope you get lots of rest and heal up soon.

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'm glad your sister was on her toes! I hope you heal up quickly! Meanwhile, get plenty of rest.

Latest posts