My baby plants got attacked!

BlueRose

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have Bachelor Buttons that just popped up yesterday in the little pots I planted them in. I put the pots out in the sun today and came back later and the leaves were plucked off. Darn birds! :barnie The stems are still attached though. I was wondering if the plants will survive? It didn't happen to all of them, thank God.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
BlueRose said:
I have Bachelor Buttons that just popped up yesterday in the little pots I planted them in. I put the pots out in the sun today and came back later and the leaves were plucked off. Darn birds! :barnie The stems are still attached though. I was wondering if the plants will survive? It didn't happen to all of them, thank God.
Sorry to hear about that BlueRose :( .
I dont think they will regrow since they were so small, but you never know. I hope their are plenty more that you planted ready to pop up, i'm sure you'll keep an eye out for the birds this time.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
that dreaded weed............... My wife and daughter love them, I till them up and 10,000 more come......plague, I tell you, they are the plague.

Did I mention that I have about 1 Million in what was frozen garden already up.....there are more on the way, what to do, what to do. Hurry somebody tell me they are valuable so I can tell them so they will die. All good plants die while weeds live on..........

If they die, would you please send those birds to me?

BlueRose

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Alright, I'll pull them out so the others will have more room. As soon as I found out I put some frost cloth over them that way the sun can still reach them but those birdies can't. Good thing I did plant some extras. I won't have as many as I wanted, but I'm thankful it happened to my future flowers instead of my future vegetables.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
If all they got were the leaves, they'll probably be fine.

BlueRose

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
lol, I just plucked them out. Good thing is since I last checked three more Bachelor Buttons popped up :)

Thank you everyone for your responses!