My Colorado Garden: 2009

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here are a few shots I took of my garden. I will post more as I can.

1003048.jpg

Baby Grapes

1003047.jpg

Some of my herbs...sage, chocolate mint, greek oregano, and thyme

1003046.jpg

In the foreground, feverfew about to bloom. In the back, delphinium with virginia creeper all over the fence

1003045.jpg

Pestimons (slightly trampled due to ducks :p)

1003044.jpg

Left: dianthus. Middle: Rosemary in a cage to protect it from ducks. Right: silvermound. Another pestimon is in the background

1003042m.jpg

One of my tomatoes and some basil in a decorative wire cage to protect it from the ducks. Did you know ducks like basil? There was another plant next to the wire tea pot at one time...LOL

1003069.jpg

Shelley relaxing in the variegated bishop's weed

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Too bad the ducks didn't stick to the bishop's weed, huh? :) Very nice, although I think that rosemary will be screaming to be let out soon! :lol:

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I originally got those (at garage sales) to let morning glory twine all over them. This year the morning glories are going to have to rough it since I didn't want all my herbs eaten by hungry quackers!!!

I told my girlfriends to keep an eye out for ornamental wire stuff like the little house so I can protect some more plants in the front yard from squirrels :p

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm so jealous! It looks like an absolute private wonderland (and I think the ducks agree)!!!! :thumbsup

2dream

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Love your garden. The wire works are wonderful. Tell your girlfriends to be on the look out for birdcages too. I have seen some really wonderful ones out and about that look beautiful.

I have feverfew envy. All mine died in this awful heat we are having.

I have a question. Does what you are calling silvermound have another name? It looks just like a plant I bought that was labled wormwood.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow
Hi wifezilla :frow

Your Garden is looking STUNNING! :clap :happy_flower :clap:happy_flower :clap :happy_flower

those wire pieces look perfect as well as serving a purpose. I wish you were nearer as I have a wire duck you could have -- maybe I shall give it a special position & call it"wifezilla"....!! In your honour!!

CONGRATULATIONS! :bouquet :bouquet :bouquet

:rose Hattie :rose

Latest posts