My darling Clementine

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Has anyone grown Tangerine trees? Especially of the Clementine variety?

Can't stop eating them from the store, but I would love to grow my own...

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've grown them from seeds, back in grad school when for some reason I felt motivated to do pointless things like that :p, but never lived anywhere I could grow 'em on properly. As I recall they came quite easily from seeds and were not hard at all to get to 1-2' tall on a windowsill. You may not get store-quality fruit from seed, but hey, give it a try :)

Pat

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I think one of the citrus I planted last wee was a Clementine. Not sure. It'scobered in little button size grren fruit. I hope they all grow.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Clementines may be SUPPOSED to be seedless but they quite often aren't entirely. My 4 yr old complains about it constantly, in fact. Only takes 1 viable seed to get a plant :)

Kumquats come well from seed too. Again, I only raised 'em a little ways on a windowsill way back when, but if you live in a citrus-growing climate I assume they would grow on just fine.

Pat

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's funny, because my daughter found a seed last night in her Clementine, so I told her to save it, we will plant tomorrow..LOL!

Citrus grows fine here in Ramona, except maybe certain Oranges and Grapefruits, but that leaves a whole lot of kinds of Citrus to play with!

Latest posts