my dog dug up my huge pumpkin vine....

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
When pulling weeds and cutting off Trumpet vine ( :somad ) I discovered my dog found a nice cool place to lay in the flower bed and dug out my Big Max pumpkin vine, it already has a pumpkin growing on it (stem is the size of my wrist) this was going to be a huge one. It was wilted but at first I thought it may just need some water. So I dug a hole and put the root and some of the vine into it and watered it. Today most of the vine is collapsed but the leaves at the end look like they may recover and 2 flowers are open today. Anyone ever try this? Do you think it might work? I was so excited to see how big this guy may get, Im crushed. :hit

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't give up yet! In trying to prop mine up, I ended up with too much weight and my giant pumpkin is only hanging on by a thread- but it is not dying and continues to turn orange...Keeping fingers crossed!

Liberty7

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
My garden is FENCED to keep the dogs out with just that cheap wire fencing (with 2" square holes) that you buy at the hardware stores in rolls. Every few feet I secure it to the ground with those cheap bamboo sticks. It keeps my 3 dogs OUT -- even the 100 lb. Labrador.

Latest posts