My First Garden Attempt

rodriguezpoultry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
This year is my first time to try a garden. I've got spinach, leaf lettuce, tomatoes (1 Celebrity, 1 Better Boy, 1 Early Girl and 1 Patio), 1 jalapeo, 1 mint and countless onion, peas and green beans!

So far lots of sprouts from everything! Also have some silver corn! Yummy!!! Hope it makes it! I have no green thumb but really want fresh veggies to eat.

I'm fertilizing once every two weeks and watering daily. My dad taught me to put my finger in to te second joint. If I feel moisture, don't water. If I don't feel it...water the plants. Really excited to see if this works! I have one jalepeno growing on the plant and four tomatoes growing on the celebrity and patio tomato plants!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Luck and enjoy every moment in the garden :tools and every savory bite later! :drool Keep us posted.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Way to go, just jump right in! :) Sounds like you'll have a nice garden and lots of fresh veggies to enjoy this summer. Your dad gave you a really good tip. It's better to water them well, instead of frequently and that's a great way to check. Mulch is good too. Have fun! :frow

rodriguezpoultry

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you! I've lived in apartments for the past 7 years. We moved to PA and I planted stuff the fourth day here! I just hope we're able to reap what we sow before winter! This is my first time out of the south so getting used to lots of things at once!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Talk about not knowing what you can do until you just go get your hand right into it! :lol:

Way to go! :D

IB4Fun

Leafing Out
Reaction score
It's fun gardening isn't it! I am doing my first garden also and I am beginning to get the results of all my hard labor! :)

Naughty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
this is my first big one too- and i love to find a website that gives such info.... and from real people - not a seed company with no clue

Latest posts