My Garden is Expanding

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I finished fencing the flower bed/smallest bed last week (picture from today):
Gardens+4-18-11+002.jpg

I started planning my garden Saturday and came to the conclusion that the space I have set up to plant is not enough for all the seeds I bought/ what I want to grow. So I went out and looked at my old big bed and the bed I was making. The big bed last year:
Garden+and+Plants+6-9+004.jpg

I came to conclude that they weren't going to work, I tried a couple of plans, combined both beds and and added on to them. Then I fenced it, in doing so using up all my left over fence.
Gardens+4-18-11+005.jpg

The metal sheets and outdoor rug (left top) are to help kill off the grass, after the grass is killed off I'll move them to cover up the rest of the grass and cover up the dead with chicken bedding.

It should be interesting to see how I do on weeding, I've never been good at keeping up on it. But the to-do list has shrunk and grown in one weekend. :th

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Funny how that happens!! Looking good. That looks like a reasonable size for weeding. Of course, the key is to keep up with it, and never let it get ahead of you. Those weeds seem to sneak up on you! If my veggies grew like my weeds, I'd never have to grocery shop again!
Keep us posted when you get it planted- can't wait to see it full and green! It does not look like the chicken approves of that fencing job- I think she was planning on a little digging!

Cats Critters and Garden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lesa said:
It does not look like the chicken approves of that fencing job- I think she was planning on a little digging!
No they don't like the fencing, no digging and no yummy seeds or vegetables, I'm just a party pooper :p

Latest posts