My Garden this season

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I started out with a few things. My ultimate gardening goal is to grow all my own food, but that is a long way off, given that this year was my first successful year and not killing anything (so far).

I planted a few cucumber seeds and I have one huge cucumber plant to show for it. If standing upright, it stands around 2ft tall and has around a dozen yellow flowers on it. I also have 4 new cucumber seedlings that just put out their first set of true leaves.

I have four radish plants. All my plants have been knocked around recently by storms so I'm not sure how these will fair. They are pretty tall already. The tallest is a good 6-7 inches tall.

My tomatoes are growing like weeds! They are over 2ft tall and I have several flowers on them. :) Can't wait to get some tomatoes! I have four plants this year. Next year I hope to double that.

As far as carrots go, I only have 2 carrot plants. Haha, I know. Wow, a whole two carrots! Well I saw the top of one carrot today and pulled the little thing up. I have a 2 inch carrot. Is this a fully developed carrot? I think they are touchon carrots? Its orange and yummy looking. The other is not quite there yet. The package says they mature in two months, so I'm going to plant some more.

This growing season isn't even over yet and already I'm trying to decide what to try and grow next year. Or maybe some cold weather plants. I heard kale will grow well in my area. I just want to go out and grow so many things!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good start! You are going to love growing and eating your own food! There is nothing better...Go ahead and splurge, plant a few more carrots. They keep really well- I just finished mine from last season. Enjoy! Keep on growing...

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi :frow

Now you are HOOKED.......!!! :celebrate

This is the beginning of THE GREAT ADVENTURE.....!! :love :ya

Start thinking about your Fall garden & what will survive through the Winter in your area & get those cabbages,chard, etc plants ready to go in.

CONGRATULATIONS & great GOOD LUCK to you. :D

:rose Hattie :rose

SoyBean

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh and I pulled up that carrot and ate it. It was small, only about 2 inches long, but the flavor was amazing! Even my husband who was not 100% on board with growing our own food said it was yummy. I'm hoping to go to the garden store this week to get more organic soil, but I don't think its going to happen. We have to start saving money because we might be moving to california before the year is out. :)

Latest posts