My garden

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
A little update... I pulled all of the 14 lavender plants , except for the 9 patented "tumbelina" dwarf lavenders which I trimmed to within 2" of the ground. They are now budding out. I also pulled all of the heathers as they were not doing well at all. I finally found-out why ... feral CATS have been urinating and deficating on them as I found numerous dry fecal balls ON the heathers surrounded by dry branchlets and dry / shed leaflets on the middle parts of the branches with green on the tips. I lost 2 more smaller maple trees to the wilt. While working among the boulders, I noticed a light green seedling unfurling between boulders. It turns out it is a lady fern. Nothing has grown in this area for 4 years now ... SO... a week later, I noticed a couple more start to pop up. Followed by 5 more ferns growing in my front and back yards. So... I called a master gardener friend who lives 5 miles away in the Cascade foothills who kindly gave me 4 more baby Lady ferns. Another friend who lives 10 miles higher up the Cascades, gave me 4 Sword ferns. SO... I go to Lowes and buy 15 Tasstle ferns and 8 dwarf azalias ( I already had 4) as well as soil mulch and planted them in the shadiest places. Then I weeded and weeded some more then mulched , followed by a good watering as today we are forecast for a record HEAT of 82*. I am now officially tired :th so NO work today :caf , just R &R , then back to work tomorow !!! :thumbsup

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat poop is some nasty stuff. On your plants! :he I am glad the fern is growing for you, it sounds pretty!

Latest posts