my jade tree flowered!

dandelion

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello everyone :D I haven't posted very much, mostly I've just read to learn, but this was to exciting not to share. We've had jades since I can remember, and while I knew theoretically that they could flower, I'd never had any of mine do so. Until now! No idea what was different, and it's only this one out of like six plants. But it's lovely!

Here is a slightly out of focus picture of the plant for size reference. As you can see they are just starting to open.
6387_jade.jpg

And here is a close up of one of the flowers. They are so delicate and pretty :D
6387_jade_flower.jpg

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow :frow

Welcome again, or is it re-welcome, dandelion ! :D

Such a beautiful flowering spike, like a wand of white stars! Thank you for letting us share your delight. I too have never seen them bloom. Here in the UK you often see them in the windows of Chinese restaurants & they grow very large, but I have never seen them in flower.

:rose Hattie :rose

dandelion

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Jojo, they might smell, but I have a really bad nose. I'll have to ask someone!

Hattie, thanks! And I know, they're everywhere aren't they? I mean, over hear too. I didn't even find out they could flower until a couple years ago.

dandelion

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Nice to meet you too! :frow

Yes, it is a succulent. I really like them, they don't need much and look so nice.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Too cool!!! Had them for years. never knew they would blossom! I had an asparagus fern flower this year-never seen that before either!! Enjoy, that is really special.

jojo54

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
lesa said:
Too cool!!! Had them for years. never knew they would blossom! I had an asparagus fern flower this year-never seen that before either!! Enjoy, that is really special.
Did the flowers turn into red berries? I had one years ago that bloomed and then had red berries.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to you!

I can not believe how pretty that is good for you getting a jade plant to bloom! I am so impressed!

I hope some day I have the same luck as I ahve one nice mature plant and also started a bunch of babies this year so I could share

anyway welcome enjoy the board! and congrats again on the pretty blooms

dandelion

Leafing Out
Reaction score
thanks and thanks! I can't take any credit though, I've no idea what was different this year than any other! Wish I did :D Good luck with yours!

And lesa, I looked up asparagus fern, wild! What a cool plant!! That must have been neat having it bloom too!

Latest posts