My Mother's Day Gift

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
My daughter in Colorado sent me a gift certificate to Trader Joe's for Mother's Day. And I used it to buy a Clemantis vine.

It is blooming nicely, and putting out new shoots. My plan is to grow it on my front porch.
5 26 2014 Clemantis 002 email.JPG

It is a wonderful lavendar, the name of the type is "Ramona"
5 26 2014 Clemantis 001 email.JPG

I do hope I will be able to make it grow here...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, lucky you! I love clems! I had one in San Diego, east county where it's hot and dry, and was told by a nurseryman that I wouldn't be able to grow it there. Ha, showed him! It never got real big but it bloomed every year. I hope yours does well.
I have about 20 or so now, and am always ready to find a spot for more.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you can make it grow! Look at the rest of your oasis there in the desert! It is so pretty. A nice Mother's Day gift. ;)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a pretty flower. It is a lovely plant and I am sure you will get lots of enjoyment out of it.

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
They have the best priced herbs around here.

Mary
Every year I buy their potted basil plants, 4 to 6 plants per pot. I plant them in my garden, and they stay around all summer. In fact this year, due to no real frost to speak of, I still have three of the basil plants doing quite well! I am thinking, I might not buy any new ones for this season. The plants I have will probably be enough.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
For some reason, my basil doesn't do well. It doesn't seem to grow very big and quickly goes to flower. So now I just buy their big plant in the 6" pot and leave it there. This way I have basil for a month and lasts much longer than cut basil from the store.

Mary

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For some reason, my basil doesn't do well. It doesn't seem to grow very big and quickly goes to flower. So now I just buy their big plant in the 6" pot and leave it there. This way I have basil for a month and lasts much longer than cut basil from the store.

Mary
If you keep the flowers cut off the plants last much longer. I keep cutting mine way back when they begin to just start to look like they are going to flower. I make a big batch of pesto with the cuttings. And the plants last all summer, even though the winter. My basil plants are still going gang busters from last year.

Latest posts