Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A great weed slayer!

HPIM1877.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"New" is right, Joan!

I don't think you can count that as a favorite, yet.

I mean, what have you done with it so far . . . walk it around and show it the yard?

;)

Steve

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Stirrup hoes are great! I've got two, one with the handle broken from use. This season I've got a new toy, a collinear hoe (similar to this one, but not from Johnny's), we'll see how that one does vs. the stirrup hoe. It's supposed to be good at getting into tight places between plants, etc.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
"New" is right, Joan!

I mean, what have you done with it so far . . . walk it around and show it the yard?

;)

Steve
Hey Steve, haven't you ever tried weed intimidation? :)

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
"New" is right, Joan!

;)

Steve
LOL! Funny Steve. It does look like it's never been used, but really I have - I just wash off my tools after I use them. I'll post another picture in a few months! :lol:

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
Stirrup hoes are great! I've got two, one with the handle broken from use. This season I've got a new toy, a collinear hoe (similar to this one, but not from Johnny's), we'll see how that one does vs. the stirrup hoe. It's supposed to be good at getting into tight places between plants, etc.
Ann, I like that! I've found that a "blade" works better for me than my old hoe - I just slice the weeds instead of pounding them with a hoe.

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Light hoes aren't made for chopping. You need an eye hoe if you want to whale away at it. The Chinese use an eye hoe to work up the soil in an established plot without digging or plowing. It's one of my favorite tools. Whenever I use it the song keeps running through my head,"Eyehoe Eyehoe. It's off to work we go". :lol:

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Light hoes aren't made for chopping. You need an eye hoe if you want to whale away at it. The Chinese use an eye hoe to work up the soil in an established plot without digging or plowing. It's one of my favorite tools. Whenever I use it the song keeps running through my head,"Eyehoe Eyehoe. It's off to work we go". :lol:
:yuckyuck :lol:

topotheridge

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:bouquet I use a circle hoe, I think I bought them off of a website named the same. Last year bought some for my dad and got a hand held version for myself, same concept of eye hoe. I will never use it again without saying "eye hoe, eye hoe . . .":tools