My Own Curb Appeal Thread

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, I moved to this 'wasteland' of a home last year. We closed on May 30th. I've had a tiny next to nothing budget, but we've managed well.

So I wanted to share some before images, and the works as its come along. As I'm going back to planting more in the next couple of weeks... I'll update with fresh photos through the summer.

A nice WORK IN PROGRESS kinda thing. Our first whole year here.

house1.jpg

house2.jpg

house3.jpg

house4.jpg

house5.jpg

house6.jpg

house7.jpg

house8.jpg

house9.jpg

house10.jpg

house_sept2.jpg

house_sept3.jpg

house_sept4.jpg

house_sept5.jpg

house_sept6.jpg

house_sept8.jpg

house_sept9.jpg

I had done a ton of work inside as well... paint, molding, new hardware... new lights!

I also added in new lights outside not in the photos... as well as all the raised beds, and finished the coop.

garden1.jpg

coop13.jpg

The little one and I are going to go photo around the house again I think. Now with the tulips coming up and all the new beds we put in but haven't planted yet.

We've come a long ways!!!

(and tomorrow baby is getting a swing set because her daddy is dying to build something.)

homesteadmom

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Wasteland???? OMG it is beautiful! All that green grass & trees I am just drooling over them! All we have here is brown & dirt.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's mainly an acre of weeds! Very GREEN weeds! LOL :lol:

Those trees only line our property in the back... the houses are pretty close together in the neighborhood... we just lucked out on having one of the few homes here with pond property. (The bugs in the summer kinda suck)

Hate saying this, but thank goodness for a crappy economy and our pick of foreclosures... For what we got it for, we would have been lucky to afford a 2 br condo in a bad neighborhood. :/

gone 2 seed

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Great job you are doing. Your hard work shows. Can't wait to see pictures in the spring and summer.

We will have been in our house 2 years in June. This will be the first year with a proper garden.

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Beautiful place! I really like that deck on the back. The design in the center is some top notch craftsmanship.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
bid said:
Beautiful place! I really like that deck on the back. The design in the center is some top notch craftsmanship.
I will tell my husband that... he built the deck for my birthday last year. You know, we MADE $325 off that deck. Most of the supplies were free, then we paid for a few things and sold the left over supplies for $550! What a deal! ;)

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Very pretty, are you planning on staying there? Cuz if you are, it'll be lovely in ten or fifteen years to look back on these pictures and see how it's matured.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We're planning on staying at least 10 years or more. The schools my daughter will be going to are pretty good compared to the rest of the state... the High School however is not. Maybe by them we'll have managed to get ourselves moved to the beach like I want.

I'm going out today to take more pictures... my husband is building a swing set today so I'll be out drawing plans for a little while. Then I need to run and get a truck load of compost for the new raised beds.

Latest posts