My PVC greenhouse frame..

quadcam79

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Heres my latest project ... a PVC greenhouse for my aquaponics system. I built it yesterday in like 60mph wind gusts :mad:
got my pile of PVC together and just did it of the top of my head..still needs some anchors and bracing but all in all I have a greenhouse frame it's about 10'longx15'widex8' tall in the center. I cut the plastic for the covering but it was just too windy to do anything

I'm going to tap into the power at the well just a few feet away and run a power line to the greenhouse

greenhouse.jpg

doc_gonzo

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
way cool quad!!!

i can't wait to heal and get the scoot fixed so dawn and i can visit your neck of the woods. we really enjoyed you'r link to the technofarming forum.

cheers,

doc

quadcam79

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score

doc_gonzo

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
looks like a cool ride quad.
i was wondering... how you are gonna deal with algae with all that natural sunshine? ebb and flow with an expanded clay aggritate medium?

cheers,

doc

quadcam79

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
exactly, i have about 200 lbs of Hydroton clay that I scored off craigslist for $30. I'm eventually going to make the growbeds from 55 gallon plastic drums as soon as I find some cheap.
I have 2 , 30 gallon aquariums that i'm going to use to house some goldfish for starting out. eventually I want to try and have one tank of tilapia, one of prawns and another with crayfish.

I'm going to start small and build off that

doc_gonzo

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
rock on brother,

the plants will consume the waste of the livestock. i'm curious to see how long it takes the plants to catch up with the critters. killer deal on the aggregate btw!

cheers

doc