My Rosemary

karanleaf

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
WOW That is a Beautiful Rosemary Plant SouthernGardner :thumbsup

I Love It :love

I agree with Hattie go ahead trim it start a big batch of cuttings and give them as gifts. What a nice thing to do on Earth Day:clap :tools
I don't know many folks that would not be thrilled with a Personal Rosemary plant to add to their kitchen, garden or just patio or deck. They also make wonderful indoor live small Christmas trees. :clap

I have a small Rosemary of which I have started 5 new cuttings from this spring.

That is a Beautiful Plant :love :thumbsup I would love to have one that size :ya And I would Love for my dogs to be able to brush in that wonderful scent before they came in. :throw

:happy_flower Karan :D

aquarose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
me&thegals said:
Southern Gardener said:
Here is a picture of my rosemary plant - it's huge. It's eating my fence, but I love it and I can't bring myself to cut if back except for the occasional time I use it to cook with. I have to push it out of the way to get into the gate. The dogs will rub up agnist it and they smell so good! :D

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z75/joanm_2007/rosemary.jpg
My goodness, I am so jealous! I would be rolling in that plant like a dog, I love the stuff so much! Why can't I grow it? My favorite is roasted with olive oil, asparagus and new potatoes. Yum :)
When I lived in Queens, NY, I had a big rosemary plant, the best looking plant in the (tiny) backyard, year round. Then I moved 17 miles away to Nassau County and I cannot keep one alive. I think all the concrete in Queens made it just warm enough so my rosemary didn't die. I have tried every year for 7 years. I am going to just grow it in a pot this year and bring it inside for the winter.

mythkat

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Last summer I purchased a hardy rosemary. It survived our high desert winter, snow, freezing rain, winds and all. It's blooming like mad now. It's in front of the house with the Russian sages and red hot pokers.

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
oh yum, rosemary!!!! Love it!! I have several plants on the bank behind our house and use it quite a bit for cooking. It smells heavenly!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I see Arp rosemary rated to zone 7 by Richters. All their other rosemaries are zone 8 rated.

Since I'm not in zone 8 or zone 7 and wasn't smitten by Arp when I saw it, I went for Rex rosemary several years ago. I've got to bring them indoors thru the winter, anyway. I'm glad I got Rex, it is a real nice culinary variety.

I mean, what kind of name is "Arp" :rolleyes:? Marshall Wyatt Earp was said to have a bad temper partly because he was teased about his name. Still, no one has ever claimed that with a name like Earp, he had an appreciation for fine cuisine.

Actually, I understand that Arp is a name of a town in Texas. Originally, the town was know as "Strawberry Junction" but the farmers got tired of writing "Strawberry Junction" on their packing crates so they were happy to change it to only 3 letters - Arp.

I think the city would have been better off with "Strawberry Junction" from the looks of current city center. With their old name, the locals might, at least, have had reason to paint the storefronts strawberrry red:

http://www.texasescapes.com/EastTexasTowns/Arp-Texas.htm

Steve

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
oh rosemary, i want some rosemary bush plants right under my windows, so when the whole house fan is on it will pull the smell right in the windows!!
maybe for mothers day next year!
love love love yours Southern Gardener - i dont think i could trim it either! was it from seed, small pot or a gallon container?? do you know how old it is ??
beautiful.........

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
chills, it was from a small pot and I believe it's about 3 or 4 years old. I have several cuttings growing in a pot right now and will transplant them when I start another bed.

Latest posts