My son is very smart

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
My son normally grows sunflowers in his own little garden while I'm out tending mine. I told him he can grow what he wants in his patch, but I'm not taking care of it and will let it die if he decides to abandon it. It's never happened, and he usually gets a wonderful crop of sunflowers every year.

This year, my son asked his dad, "Hey dad...if I grow spicy peppers instead of sunflowers will you buy them?

Yes, dad said, but only if they're SUPER spicy.

Buyer secured, my son has ordered Carolina Reapers and Ghost peppers to grow this year. Hope my husband survives this. :fl

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That was easy! i’m excited.

When we were on the ranch in N. Dakota the kids learned the value of a dollar raising wiener pigs. I bought the first pig and the feed, they did the chores. That worked well so the next time they bought 3 wiener pigs with the earnings and i bought the feed / they did the chores.
next round, they bought half dozen etc. i limited them to 20 at a time and along the way did what i could to ease they’re burden (somewhat).
we had an artesian well and routed the overflow thru the pig pen so even in sub zero, water was taken care of. Early on i rounded up the hopper from an old combine and built a stand for it to keep it off the ground. Then made a crank for the cleanout chute. They would open the chute door, crank the auger till they’re bucket was full and then fill that bucket with water and set it against the wall. It was tomorrows feed. With this arrangement they could handle everything pretty well and not have any direct exposure to the hogs. They were pretty little back then!

when id have feed ground id have them add 100 lbs. of whey and 100 lbs. of molasses in and the pork was fabulous! Market size hogs were worth $110.00 back I showed them that they could ignore market price by adding something special which now moved them into the boutique market😳

between the “Danish pork” and the cuteness factor they got $160.00 for they’re pigs.

You might be surprised at the length folks will go to help a kid out! Especially these days.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I have to hand it to you guys. You got my son interested in school work! He was trying to figure out how much money he could make off his peppers, so I showed him how to apply all the math he's been learning in a real life setting. That boy has been multiplying, dividing, adding and subtracting all day long. :weeeApparently real life math is not boring.

Latest posts