My surprise birthday party

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
How do you guarantee a birthday party is a surprise? Have it 6 months late...or was it 6 months early. A few years back my husband and kids planned a surprise BD party for me on my birthday January 20th. 50 people were coming, no blizzard on the way, and I got the flu. Not jut any flu. Dead in my tracks flu. My daughter was in tears when I told her I was sick. I thought it was a little party with a couple of relatives so I did not understand why she was so upset. I cried when my husband told me what had been planned.This was nearly 5 years ago. So he planned a reunion party on Last Saturday for his retired coworkers..
On Sunday I thought we were going to a picnic at my son's house. I go outside to start to my son's house and there were family and friends standing in our party tent smiling at me. They had gathered out back in our hayfield and all just walked in together at 1:00. I had heard some commotion and thought the neighbors were having a party. On what planet does a man think having 2 big parties in a row is a good idea? So they got me. I went out and just said, "What is this?" It was my birthday party. My husband thought it quite funny that I had made chowder for my own party. A great time was had by all.
He got me good.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds about right for birthday .5, Cat'!

Tomorrow at noon, the Weather Service has told us that we will be one-half of the way through 2017. I sent Dad another Christmas / New Year's card. The caption was something about a wish for the joy to be with you through the year. Hey, that is my wish for you, Cat'! Maybe you were not quite well enough to be joyful at that time in 2016 but it was an olde, unused card from 1996. How were you feeling during the holidays then??!

Happy Birthday .5 and Happy New Year .5!

:) Steve

Latest posts