My Trellis Improvemnts

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, I came up with an idea, when my husband said I needed a more triangular type base to help it not fall over in a wind. So.. after thinking about it, this is what I made.

LookingNorthemail.jpg

LookingSouthemail.jpg

Close up of support bracket

supportbracketemail.jpg

It has now rebar stakes inside the PVC, that give it more strength. And by adding the support brackets it is much more stable.

ldburton

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Looks great. Is the whole thing out of pvc? What size? I don't get to read everything, did I miss something from earlier?

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
ldburton said:
Looks great. Is the whole thing out of pvc? What size? I don't get to read everything, did I miss something from earlier?
Maybe you missed the first post I made on the Trellis

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=24912

It is all PVC except for the rebar that helps to reinforce it. And the chicken wire between the posts, hopefully the Morning Glories will grow up the chicken wire... Anyhow that is my plan.

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is really neat. I have a wooden arbor at the end of my walk that's starting to fall apart. My dad bought it for me, it makes me sad that it's disappearing. I'll be on the hunt for something new really soon.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That is awesome. I can't wait to see it covered!

Off subject, but how far apart did you plant your snap dragons? I put mine 6" apart this evening... does that sound about right, or should it be more, or less?