My wonderful craigslist freebie score!

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I gave away all my old flower, veggie and herb seeds from 2010-2011 on craigslist. I stated that they were not fresh seeds, but the woman who got them didn't care, as she just needed anything that might grow, and she didn't have it in the budget to buy anything. I was glad to see the seeds go to someone who would give them a chance....you know how hard it is to throw away seeds.

Well yesterday, Karma returned the favor bigtime.

I answered an ad on craigslist for some free iris bulbs. I figured I'd get a dozen or so bulbs, and I certainly would have been happy with that. I got to the gardener's house, and there was an amazing amount of iris clumps there, all dug up and free for the taking! I filled the trunk of my Subaru, along with three large grocery bags!!! I didn't even take them all, several other people benefited from that gardener's generosity, too. The iris clumps will be placed into their new home at the back of my little 2 & 1/2 acres, on a small hill that now houses a distressing amount of tumbleweeds and sagebrush. I just found out that they are all yellow, purple and white. Did I mention that I have a yellow and purple garden next to the house? N0? Well I'm thinking it will have an infusion of iris next spring after I know which ones are which color.

Happy gardening!