MyKidLuvsGreenEgz (from CO plains) ... HI! NEW here.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Had been meaning to register here months ago, but only just got around to it last week. So much to do. But I'm a regular on BYC and SS, and sometimes post on BYH.

We have a little bit of land, about 2 acres. Only been here since MArch 2010. We have 4 goats (2 does, 1 buck, 1 wether), about 65-70 chickens (of which 20 will be "processed" in Aug or Sept) and one lab puppy, to be my 14 year old's service dog (epilepsy and autism). Our back acre has a little fenced in back yard, where I do most of my gardening. I was really late this year with the gardening so I don't expect much. I have harvested a couple of tomatoes and a few handfuls of blueberries. Cucumbers are finally starting to get little ones, and my summer squash should start to flower this week. Basil is HUGE! And chances are I won't get any winter squash, melons or corn. Not sure about the beans. Thinking I could start some radishes and/or carrots.

Zone 5, so growing season is Memorial Day to mid October.

I have big plans for next year. IF we stay here.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Welcome! We've been talking a lot about 2nd crops of any kind of pea, that might be an idea for you to get in the ground now. And you could plant garlic this fall, if you think you may be there till july or so to harvest?

What a fabulous idea to have a service dog for your 14 yr old, we need a service dog for our other dog with seizures!!:)

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
cityfarmer said:
Hey from Colorado Springs--your chicken hatcher! :lol:
Wow... hi to you too ... ok, not sure if my tiny exhausted mind can remember two user names! Just FYI: Shimmer #2 is starting to change colors and so are a few others from the last hatch you did for us. Absolutely gorgeous! I'll try to take pictures this week.

Thanks to everyone for your warm welcomes.
(Loving the new "smiles"!) :rainbow-sun

Was just out watering everything. Seems to just wilt so quickly. Mid-to-high 90's today but tomorrow we're supposed to have a break at 88 with the possibility of showers. Yeah, right. Usually we get only a few moments of sprinkles.

But looks like I have about 3 tiny cucumbers that should be ready in a week or two. Have squash blossoms and more tomatoes forming. Even have strawberry flowers!

I'm thinking with all of the chicken and goat manure we're getting this year, that next year will be amazing. Just have more rearranging to do. As to whether well be here ... really depends on how the marriage thing works out. Last weekend was better ... Hubby and Kid didn't yell at each other ALL weekend. Woohoo.
:clap

Latest posts