Name your three worst garden mishaps/tragedies/accidents

henrietta23

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here's one I'd forgotten. After moving in to DH's house and knowing very little about gardening, I found some scallions growing in an old forgotten kitchen garden. I used them in a casserole that night. DH, his good friend and I all spent the night throwing up. Apparently scallions that have gone to seed will do that to you. :/

Catalina

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've learned from the mistakes of my father ;) -

1. If you step in Round-Up weed killer and then walk all over the grass, a week later you will have a trail of dead grass footprints across your lawn.

2. If you don't set the walk behind lawn fertilizer spreader carefully, you will end up with a striped yellow and green lawn.

3. Round-Up kills weeds AND all other plants including - perennials, annuals, trees, bushes.......

4. Giving your wife a load of horse manure for your 25th wedding anniversary is NOT a good idea.

5. See above (but for 34th wedding anniversary).

6. Going out to "do a little tilling" in the garden is OK, but not when you till up 7- 50 foot rows of veg. and flowers. Using the excuse, "I couldn't see them!" won't cut it either. Especially, when you do it 4 years in a row. :rolleyes:

Now, my mom doesn't let my dad in the garden without supervision.

Latest posts