Neanderthals?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two stories in my news today that couldn't seem further apart ;).

Didn't I post a thread once about drone delivery testing by FedEx, or someone??? Anyway, Amazon and others were exploring it but now Amazon has a sidewalk robot-delivery service planned in western Washington. I read about it and another story in Wired about robots in malls in Japan. It was noted that kids "pester" the robots to the extent that programming was required to deal with it. Gee, I hope it is just evasive action.

Then, I read about the new digging in that cave in Iraq: the flower burials :)! The researchers have suspected for a long time that one or more of the burials included flowers because of the amount of pollen found :). LINK

I'm thinking, robots in neighborhoods ... kids ... modern ... Neanderthal ...

Steve o_O

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Two stories in my news today that couldn't seem further apart ;).

Didn't I post a thread once about drone delivery testing by FedEx, or someone??? Anyway, Amazon and others were exploring it but now Amazon has a sidewalk robot-delivery service planned in western Washington. I read about it and another story in Wired about robots in malls in Japan. It was noted that kids "pester" the robots to the extent that programming was required to deal with it. Gee, I hope it is just evasive action.

Then, I read about the new digging in that cave in Iraq: the flower burials :)! The researchers have suspected for a long time that one or more of the burials included flowers because of the amount of pollen found :). LINK

I'm thinking, robots in neighborhoods ... kids ... modern ... Neanderthal ...

Steve o_O

@digitS', late in 2018 I had my DNA tested for researching my genealogy. There are sites to upload the results for further analysis, one of which calculates your ancient DNA. I was astounded to learn I had a small amount of Neanderthal DNA. Since then, I have learned that most people of Northern European descent have some Neanderthal DNA.
Please be careful about what you post concerning my Ancient Ancestors. ;)

Jack

Neandertal.JPG

Last edited:

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
During the annual cavemen conference ...
Greg : so I kept rubbing this rock against another rock until it became very thin and now I can cut vegetables,meat using this . I call this "The Knife" .

Chief Gogo : wow , I thought no-one can beat Gorg's invention of using wheat flour and water to create a new food called "bread" but yours is a worthy contender

Greg " that's not it ,chief "

And then places a piece of bread on the stone and takes the knife in his hand

" What I'm about to do will blow your mind " .

Latest posts