need a recipe for this dish

smom1976

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
it is a zuchini and yellow squash recipe .. in a baked dish.. mixed with stuffing..

has anyone ever had this and do they have the recipe..

we just harvested both these and I need to start doing some cooking!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's just now time to plant squash up here. My time is coming.

I did a quick internet (google) search and came up with this recipe. I actually got a lot of hits using "zucchini yellow squash stuffing". You could probably find something close to what you are looking for if this isn't it. I find for casseroles, yellow squash and zucchini can be used interchangably or mixed as long as the zucchini is small.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1850,137177-232206,00.html

YELLOW SQUASH CASSEROLE
4 c. cooked, drained and mashed yellow squash
1 med. onion, diced fine
1/2 green pepper, diced fine
1/4 c. chopped pimiento
1 stick butter (1/4 lb.), melted
1 c. sour cream
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) cream of celery soup
3 c. herb seasoned stuffing mix
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
Paprika
Mix all ingredients together except cheese and paprika. Place in a buttered casserole. Top with grated cheese and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 25 minutes in 350 degree oven or until bubbly.
Serves 8-10.

One of my favorite uses for zucchini is zucchini bread. There are many good recipes out there but I like this one. Since we can never use all the zucchini fresh, I grate some of the excess and freeze it in a plastic bag without blanching. I freeze it in 2-cup measurements since that is what the recipe I like calls for. When you thaw it and use it, do not drain it. You need that liquid for the quick bread to be moist.

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/4 cups white sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup chopped walnuts
DIRECTIONS
1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.

mtn_penny

Leafing Out
Reaction score
A no stuffing recipe

slice squash and zucchini in a pan with a pat or 2 of butter
onion slices
cook until onions are clear then add 1 can drained corn add some grated cheese. cook until cheese melts and serve.

we eat this a lot when the squash and zucchini are comming on.

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Is it similar to the "Blackeyed Pea" (restaurant) squash casserole? If it is, I have their recipe. It is in a book in a box (still unpacking) but I would be delighted to dig it out to help!:hu

Latest posts