Need help on material list

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Greetings Sarah~good you're here``` The Chicken Hutch will be fun to build and nice to have```

Just wondering: Do you have a table saw where you'll be building~~with that 2"X 4"s and 2"X 6"s can be ripped to 3"X and 2"X material~~if not you can up build to 2X4s

I wouldn't mind giving a hand with the material list if needed and the construction if help is needed there```I'll go back and have a look at what you have on paper and read your posts~all the posts you've received to better see whats going on```any way good reading your post and that you're coming her for a look see```

Richard

Last edited:

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Well~looked quickly over the material list~and have judged that the 2X2s called for in the egg laying cases is: 2X2s will take up less room where the hen will put``` As for the use of 3''X 3"s again without seeing a mock up 2X4s most likely will do as well or better~and the call for Pine=any softer wood will do~Dug Fir depending what can be had where you are~Not hardwood ( brittle)because you'll be using screws and not want to predrill the screw holes```

The area to be covered with tiles~you'll just need to buy the amount of brick to cover that square footage~do a little thinking with a pencil and paper~or cover that with sand also or mineral earth from your property~~~I watch this thread~everyone is glad to help~If I see that I can be of help~I'll be here```

Is there a husband or brother that will be helping```

Richard

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@SarahBui, I don't know if you've gotten back to TEG to see the many helpful posts. There are lots of questions your request raises among those of us who know about building materials. I went to the link you posted and saw much about raising chickens but nothing about any plans offered for sale. It would really help if you could direct us to a photo of your plans on line. Or, perhaps, you could take a photo of your plans and post that.

By all means, contact a local lumber yard. They should be willing and able to help interprete your plans and sell you what you need. Ordering lumber via the internet is reserved for specalized woods -- usually for fine building projects. Daughter-in-law bought zebra wood, blood wood and a few other exotic varieties for son who builds furniture and wood art projects. Nearby lumber yards should be just fine for coop building.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Agree with Red. Attach a pix of what it is suppose to look like. Not to be nasty but think you've been had.

Latest posts