jorswift

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Or..

6886_6.jpg

jorswift

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I went to Lowes and they had some plants on clearance I scooped up. I got 2 Albert Spruce Spiral Cut, 2 Crimson Barberry Pygmy and 2 Feather Reed Grass. I finished my fence and took some pics. They are dark from the rain and hard to see the plants. What do you think? Should I plant the Spruces there, or will I have any potential problems? I thought about pot planting them, but dont want the hassle in the winter. Thanks.

6886_10.jpg

6886_11.jpg

6886_12.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you are on your way, JoRSwift, and doing great!

I don't know about the spruce at all but I'll say something ;) about the hanging basket of petunias, is it?

Even in a relatively protected location and on a lower stake, the hanging basket my DD bought DW last year had all sorts of problems. They really, really need to make those stakes out of heavier rods.

:rolleyes:

The pile of rocks marked by the little flag is a nice touch . . . I think you should use a national or state flag of your favorite vacation destination, tho' :).

Also, the transformer toy -- I'll leave that for younger people to comment on. Antiques Roadshow might be interested in the rickety sawhorse I have in my yard in another year or 2. DW made me get rid of my 35 year-old wheelbarrow :/.

Steve ;)

jorswift

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thanks. I know the hooks need to be stronger!

I ran into a problem though. Where I want to plant the trees, there used to be a chimney so there is a concrete foundation there. I have to plant the trees in planters. What size planters do I need? Thanks.

lorihadams

Leafing Out
Reaction score
My mom has two of those trees in front of her porch in planters. They are pretty big...don't know what gallon size they are but they are at least 3ft in diameter and fairly tall. Hers are the big concrete ones.