Need Your Prayers and Good Thoughts

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother has been feeling bad, progressively worse, high fever and headaches, for a month. Been treated for infections, then mono. Has been in the emergency room twice last week. Now the docs have decided he has histoplasmosis. He has RA, and has been on Humira, so his immune system was trashed.
He is in the hospital on oxygen now, feeling terrible, now getting several potent IV meds. Not doing well at all. I am praying it has been caught in time. It can be fatal once it gets this bad.
Send your prayers to me, and I will forward them. :)

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
here's hoping for a speedy recovery for him.

i imagine they have taken him off the RA meds to help his immune system make a comeback to help naturally. have they figured out the source of where he could have gotten it from?

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will be praying for your brother. Is it in his lungs? Isn't that from breathing in fungus? I worry about the compost bins and probably should wear a mask when working around all this stuff. I hope they have tested and for sure know what it is and not just guessing.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
He is in Vanderbilt, so I think he is in a good place. It is a little worrisome that it has been misdiagnosed so many times. One would think if the patient is on those biologic RA drugs, the docs would be super cautious. And maybe they are. I'm not there, just getting info second-hand from my sister.
It apparently is in his lungs. No telling where he got it. He doesn't have chickens or birds. But the spores/fungus bits are widespread. We are all exposed to it, but fight it off most of the time.

Latest posts