Neighbor Armed With Roundup!

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I must vent here if you don't mind.

Next door this morning I go out and my Chinese neighbor's family member is spraying round up by me Fence.

They moved out and across country 5 years ago. This guy comes and cleans up the place. It has been for sale for 5 years back even when the market was good they could not sell. The place is so rigged up no one will ever want it. They spread out bags of concrete in the back yard broomed it a little and hosed 'er down. I have a string of pictures of this fine work. All of this mess is slopped to my house. The damage is huge, I diverted the water over the years but they keep killing my erosion control. My foundation is washed out 5 foot back under my home! I made a retaining wall with block and mortar.
Now they hold about a foot of water down the side and almost there whole backyard. My water level was right on the money. I have 2" of wall before the water goes into there house! I did not cause this it is just the results of protecting what is left of the back corner of my house.

Ok back to the fence, I have been out every morning for at least the past 2 months working this fence.

100_7410.jpg

100_7411.jpg

As you can see I keep there side clean so there is no need for anyone to do anything near my fence/plants.

For there sake they better look this way after all his weed spray or there will be hell to pay!!!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
So- did they spray it???? It looks gorgeous- I can't imagine anyone not wanting that fence in their yard! This so explains why I want to be out in the middle of nowhere!! Hope all is well...

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lesa said:
So- did they spray it???? It looks gorgeous- I can't imagine anyone not wanting that fence in their yard! This so explains why I want to be out in the middle of nowhere!! Hope all is well...
I wish I was out in the middle of now were, but this thing is at least paid for. I don't know if he sprayed my vines or not roundup takes 24 hours before it works. I am not sure what he was using he would not tell me.

I'm a bit crazy, like I have read others say here about themselves, but if that fence is dead in the next few days then I will go MAD!

Edited for typos due to trembling with anger!

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I can not belive this!

I just went out and another one is there ripping my plants out from my yard.

I may not be around for a while if this keeps up!!!!!

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
WHAT?!?!?!

Post a NO TRESPASSING sign and call the police!
Sign is going up soon. The police would take about 3 or 4 hours to show up. The only crime they solve around here is a DUI or runing a red light other wise they are useless!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think these people should stick to making kids toys and drywall!
Some real craftsman they are!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Joe,

Sit and close your eyes. Take a moment and breathe. Breathe deeply and focus on your garden in your mind. It is thriving, it is growing, and it is giving of itself and to your well-being. Breathe in through your nose and then out through your mouth. Try not to allow these people a moment of your energies. Say to yourself it is OK, that there is nothing that these folks can do that cannot be replaced. Breathe in and focus on something you love, like Eby. Nothing can harm those that you Love.

I believe that there are people in this world that systematically go to great lengths to destroy life and that which lives. Seriously. They draw off of others and off of the nurturing elements that surround them. Please do not feed the neighbors! Do not allow them to draw you into a place of anger, for they feed off of this to justify why they want to destroy.

One day soon there will be a moment when every person must decide which path they walk. One of nourishment or one of impoverishment. You know you are right. You know that you are walking the right path.

I promise that soon, even if they damage this beautiful thing you are creating, that goodness will overcome the worst of us. We are, after all, the most destructive species on the planet; yet amongst us are the life-bearers...like you. Pray that which you Love becomes abundant, and soon the concrete will split open, and our Mother will reclaim it.

There is not a seed that cannot be replaced. There is not a flower that will not find the smallest space to shine. There is, however, one thing that is irreplaceable and that is you my friend.

Trust me, all of it can come back if it has been harmed, the garden will prevail. You needn't feed those that cannot see clearly. Your job right now is to make sure that your health is maintained, because this thing they are doing is like a seed too. It grows within and festers, it is a dark thing and can cause harm within the soul. Breathe and release this, there is nothing they can harm that cannot be replaced, nothing of importance unless it is you they are hoping to rid themselves of; and we will have none of that.

Sending you a Big Ole Bear Hug, and sending your neighbor even more than that.

Ron

ps, of course in the meantime document what is happening, write down dates and continue to take pictures. Then you need to write a letter to your neighbor telling them to stop this. Make a copy of this letter, keep it short and sweet, no need to antagonize. Just simply state that you are preparing dates and times with pictures and you are going to sue them for any damage caused. Then, without anger or hate, go file that $30 charge in small claims court and sue them for physical damage. They will soon awaken to the sound of money leaving their pockets.

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My dear friend Ron you are wonderful with words you are one in a million.

I thank you for you great thoughts and wisdom. I envy you as you are an example of how people should be.

Again I thank you for helping keep my wits about myself.
A true friend! One I have never sat down and talked, hung out, but a REAL friend.

On a good note it just rained about 2" of rain over the past hour, there cement can't absorb that much water at one time so I giggle a bit as I see the water about a foot deep on there side of the fence.

If they would had asked for a little help when they started all this mess I could have showed them the right way to go.

nittygrittydirtdigger

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I know it doesn't change anything, but I feel your pain. My "next door neighbor" is an 80 acre apple and cherry orchard. The orchard manager and the owner live about a 1/2 mile away, our closest 2-footed neighbors. They spray the orchard twice a year, which is very unpleasant but tolerable because they do take care to spray on days when the wind will not spray my way. What really creeps me out is that each spring and fall, they go through the orchard a couple times a week and shoot any magpie, robin, dove or squirrel that they see. They do it to keep the damage to the trees and fruits to a minimum, but every time I hear that .22 blast, I cringe.

I hope your lovely fence survives your buffoon neighbors!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You see :D I just do not want to see you on the news after burying your neighbors. LOL They do make great fertilizer!

I wish I could say I could be so calm, I just know that fighting the disconnected souls is fruitless (literally), and there is a plan in this Universe for us all!

Ron

Latest posts