Nettle Ramen

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looking for a super simple meal or side dish? Nettle ramen soup! I just made some. You gather a few young and tender stinging nettle tops (wear gloves). Boil the nettle for one minute and let sit in the hot water for one more minute. Drain off water. Make ramen soup. I added sliced onions, olive oil, and blk pepper to the ramen soup. When the ramen is almost ready, throw in the drained pieces of stinging nettle. (You can chop it up if you want to, but I did not). Just add about 3 young nettle tops per person. Be sure it is young nettle and not the older stuff that is starting to bloom or go to seed. Some people are sensitive to nettle and get stomach aches, so start slowly!

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a feeling, @Dahlia , that it would be really interesting & enlightening to sit at your dinner table.

The neighbors across the street from me have a very large stinging nettle patch in their culvert, right next to the road. For the most part, I've just considered it to be an eyesore (and a noxious weed). But I've often read about the high nutritional content of young nettle. Never quite found the courage to try it... maybe next Spring, as the young shoots emerge.