New Beehive Work In Progress (DONE)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok we finally knocked it out today... but I have not heard back from the lady about the bees?! :/

14084_hive2_1.jpg

14084_hive3.jpg

14084_hive4.jpg

Done, and set up where it will proudly sit. Hopefully full of a fresh hive of bees sooner rather then later.
14084_hive5.jpg

I am so proud of the hubby! AND we knocked out 2 more raised beds today. Don't worry, I helped... quite a bit. I had to take care of some of my gardens, grill lunch and turn the compost as well. I earn my keep! :)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks beautiful! He surely is a talented fellow! I am really looking forward to hearing how you like the top bar. I think the design of that one wins the "cute" award, for sure! Enjoy your bees!

AmyRey

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Good job!

I can't wait to see it full of happy bees!

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
YEAH!! that is going to be awesome. i would love a hive but wouldnt know how to get rid of the honey, and i surely wont eat that much!
will you sell the honey with your jams?
i cant wait to hear how you take care of the hive and bees.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sat out and stared at it today... was thinking maybe a little bee would buzz by and I could put a "welcome" sign up for her and her family to move on in! :lol:

This is going to be personal consumption honey.. as this is my husband's hobby and not mine, its ALL on him. I will just enjoy the spoils.

I will photo and bee family that may aquire the residence though... when that happens. ;)

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
A saw a post on craigs the other day looking for swarms to take off peoples hands.

I read you can rub some plant on the hive to attract bees. Might have been a lemon scented one.

Looks really nice.

Latest posts