New Beehive Work In Progress (DONE)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Mattemma said:
A saw a post on craigs the other day looking for swarms to take off peoples hands.

I read you can rub some plant on the hive to attract bees. Might have been a lemon scented one.

Looks really nice.
Well somewhere suggested rubbing bee's wax and honey to attract them. We just did the orange oil w/ bee's wax and hope that's enough. :D

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you could get a frame with comb and honey on it, and place it in your box- it would be even better. Maybe your beekeeping neighbor would share an extra??

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
If you could get a frame with comb and honey on it, and place it in your box- it would be even better. Maybe your beekeeping neighbor would share an extra??
Hmmm... he gave us a couple of frames to borrow, but they are brand new and not used. I wonder if he has a chunk of bees wax left from when he harvested last fall.

MotherBrugger

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
V, that's something I wanted to ask. Does the interior have sections, or frames? Or is it one long box and the bees do the separating? I love this idea, and would love to have my honey build one too, especially if you have success. I tried clicking that link, but it says I don't have access. Is it something I have to join?
Please keep posting about this project and it's outcome. :frow