New chicks and baby bunnies!

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
If I can't sell the chicks then yes, they will be going to freezer camp. The current laying hens I have now are for eggs. Anything else is extra cash or dinner.

I am raising rabbits specifically for meat. I do have someone that is buying the babies that die shortly after birth due to freezing (a couple of months ago), or from mother rabbit not taking care of them (new moms) and he buys a few young live rabbits for his snakes.

I have 3 does with litters right now. A total of 28 kits. 10, 10, and 8. These mothers all neglected their kits in their first litter. So far everyone is doing great. I'm thrilled! I love rabbit meat!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Meat and vegetables you raise yourself is waaaay better than anything you could buy at the store. At least your rabbits aren't being shipped to China to be made into chicken nuggets like precooked chicken is. :sick Will. Not. Buy. Precooked. Meat.

Your chicks and rabbits will have a good life and have only one bad maybe 30 seconds. And you feed your family with fresh meat that you know how it was raised and what it ate. Good for you.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
A long, long time ago, I raised rabbits. I showed pedigreed rabbits. What didn't make the cut for a show rabbit, was meat. I sold show rabbits to 4-H and FFA kids.

Nice looking bunnies, they are so cute!

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey canesister. . .I sold mine through facebook. There is a swap at the Dinwiddie tractor supply on the 31st. The remaining 4 will go there.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm planning to stop by - JUST TO LOOK. Carmen is taking whatever she hasn't sold by then. She's downsizing and is getting rid of just about everything except the Dominicks (including the Dutch Bantams - such little cuties).

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have 12, 1-3 day old chicks!!! My hens and roos are doing a great job producing some adorable chicks. My one australorp roo is a mean SOB. I'm debating on getting rid of him. He has attempted to attack me several times and has tried attacking one of my puppies through the wire and pecked her on the nose.

Latest posts