New From Austin Texas

OldGuy43

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Howdy from Travis County, Texas. I'm 68 and retired. I tried my first garden ever last year. Unfortunately, we ended up in the worst drought ever, not to mention the hottest summer on record. Didn't have any luck at all. About all I got was a half-dozen small tomatoes, a few ears of corn and some Kale. I haven't given up though. I think I'll try planting much earlier this year. Maybe in February. If this site is anything like BYC I look forward to learning a lot.

OldGuy43

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
:frow Welcome Oldguy43! This was a challenging year for most of us, some more than others. Kind of tough when your first garden is planted in a record breaker of bad years! But hang in there and never quit, you'll learn a lot with each garden.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:frow from Henryetta, OK and :welcome

I share your summer woes this year we got that same drought and heat, it was wicked for sure. I was able to keep the garden alive through the worst of it (and have the water bills to prove it) and have had a really good fall garden (just not tomatoes) I plan on planting much earlier too, and getting early producing varieties.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
OldGuy43 :welcome glad to have you here. You will learn and be entertained along the way. :frow

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
TEGWelcome01email.jpg

Here is Tucson, there is never enough rain! Not for my garden anyhow!

Latest posts