New from Rodale press. ARGGGG!!!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
thanks for the article. Didn't realize that the federal government had to pay for organic farmers club dues. If organic are making more money than conventinal farmers, why do they need to be paid by government. I thought organic was anti-government payments? Conventional farmers don't get their club dues paid.

Do organic growers participate in crop insurance, crop support, etc? Wonder if federal government would pay for my CCA dues and classes?

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Got to keep reading to the last page, to be reminded of the huge government subsides for corn, cotton, wheat, and ethanol. And don't forget milk...
I'm always wondering why big Ag is so afraid of organics....it must be really showing up on their bottom line. I wish more would take the attitude- if you can't beat them, join them...

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Got to keep reading to the last page, to be reminded of the huge government subsides for corn, cotton, wheat, and ethanol. And don't forget milk...
I'm always wondering why big Ag is so afraid of organics....it must be really showing up on their bottom line. I wish more would take the attitude- if you can't beat them, join them...
I don't think we're really hurting them. There are enough junk food junkies out there to keep their register dinging but like all megacorps they hate the idea that even one penny goes elsewhere.
Most organic gardeners and farmers are not really in it for the money anyway.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I may be going against the grain here, but I DO NOT support federal meddling....err....funding of any farm programs. Of course making the certification so expensive in the first place is ALSO the fault of government...

P.S. And the next person to use "it's just a drop in the bucket" as a defense to get federal money is going to get my size 10 boot up their backside! It's like owing thousands on your credit card, being behind on your car payment, late on your mortgage and then going out to Starbucks everyday because "It's just a drop in the bucket..." :rant /rant

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
I may be going against the grain here, but I DO NOT support federal meddling....err....funding of any farm programs. Of course making the certification so expensive in the first place is ALSO the fault of government...

P.S. And the next person to use "it's just a drop in the bucket" as a defense to get federal money is going to get my size 10 boot up their backside! It's like owing thousands on your credit card, being behind on your credit card payment, late on your mortgage and then going out to Starbucks everyday because "It's just a drop in the bucket..." :rant /rant
:thumbsup

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money.
Everett Dirksen

Latest posts