New Garden Bed Today

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've made a new garden bed today for my fall crop. This will be my first fall crop. I am excited

I am going to till in some of my compost today. I just piled up horse manure and added vegetable scraps, egg shells, leaves, and grass clippings in a large pile, made sure they got a good soaking every once in a while and presto bango I've got good compost.

I have two piles going. One for now and the spring of 2010 and one for the 2011 year.

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I will have to go take some. It has just started raining so it wont be right now. I will do it for ya though

Mike

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh a nice rain, you could not ask for better after adding all them goodies to the bed. I hope you got a chance to get it tilled in.

Pictures look better after a little rain I find. A nice clean dust free look.

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
texan thats exciting .. i too started my first fall garden, i will not hold my breath on success .. im also new to the presto bango composting, i added a little on top, it had tons of worms in it ..
so what did you plant, or have you yet ..
i'll tell you what i planted, sugar peas, carrots, lettuce and beets (im not gunna lie, i dont know what beets are, but i'll figure that out ...)
ive never grown any food from seed, i think i OVER seeded!!
o well - best of luck on your first fall crop and new bed ...

Texan

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
No, I have not planted today. I am hoping for tomorrow. Beets are SO good. I get a magazine called Texas Gardener. It says not to plant all your beets at the same time because they will all be ready at the same time if you do.

I am going to plant Beets, turnips, garlic, onions, mustard greens, and collard greens. I am looking for suggestions.

If yall see any of the above that will not grow in this climate at this time of the year please let me know.

I hadnt thought of sugar peas. Gonna have to look into that.

Latest posts