New Grandbaby!!!!!!!!!!!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
MontyJ and I became grandparents again Friday afternoon. The baby was not due until the 25th, but decided to make and early apperance! It's a boy, Mommy and baby are fine. Baby was born at 2:47pm 7 pounds 4 ounces. Not crazy about the name she chose though. His name is

Drist Lee I will see if Monty will post a few of the pics I took Friday.

Monty was out of town Friday and had no idea the baby was born until about 4 pm. He didnt have cell service where he was.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh what a great time of your life has begun!!!! You'll get used to the name. The young want the most special names. My daughter didn't go too crazy with her boys names. But some of the ideas she set aside..

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats to you both and your daughter's family as well. Nothing beats grandchildren. (IMHO) Since becoming a grandparent myself, I've decided that in my next life I'm skipping the sons and daughters and going straight for the Grands.

How many Grands does that make for you now?

A baby boy at over 7 pounds isn't exactly early, it was time for him and he came. You will quickly become used to Drist's name despite its sound in your ear right now. I didn't expect to get used to the names Maverick Ryder or Gypsy Magnolia when I first met them, but the names and the personalities of my last two Grands didn't take long to fit right next to my heart.

Lucky, lucky, lucky!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW. Grandbabies are Grand. congrats to everyone and I echo what Red said. So true. Hugs to all...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congrats on the grandson! :clap I have never heard the name Drist, where did they get it? Is it a foreign language name? Sounds cool. :cool:

My daughter and DSIL named their daughter Cohen, which is a Jewish surname. They said it means gift from God. Really. I suppose they are right, because she definitely our gift from God. :love

I just googled Drist and it is a heavy metal band. I thought I would get a boy name list with the meaning of Drist. I guess I haven't been a bright ray of sunshine........I should shutup now......or you're gonna :smack me.

There is a young man in our town and his parents named him Diesel. As in diesel fuel, diesel truck........what were they thinking? or sniffing??

Anyway, go squeeze the baby and spoil him with lots of love :love and as he gets older, lots of cookies.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The name came from the role playing game Dungeons and dragons! REALLY???? The one thing I am glad about is that she changed the spelling from Drizzt to Drist. Like I said I will just call him Lee :D
Later today I'm taking him to have his pictures taken. Should be fun!

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I had my own rules for naming my kids.

1. Gender should be clear.
2. The spelling should be standard.
3. The name should be distinct when pronounced. Gregg (Greg) or Craig were to close together in sound for me.
4. There should be one or two others with that name in the school but probably not in their class.
5. Did the initials spell something you didnt want? A lot of times in an office your initials get used as identification on paperwork, for example.

These were my rules for my kids and we followed them. I have no control over what other people name their kids. I can accept that. I do have some control over what my grandkids call me, Gramps, Papaw, or Grandfather Ridgerunner Sir. I went with Papaw.

Kinda reminds me of something I saw in the newspaper yesterday. A quote from a cartoon.

Were trying to reconcile her need for independence with our ability to run her life better than she does.

There is a balance. We do have influence and we do have experience but I try to pick my battles carefully. Do as you will but I would not let the name create conflict. Grandkids are too precious for that. Kids too, for that matter.

Just sticking my nose in where it doesnt belong. Have a good one.

Latest posts